Friday, March 20, 2015

Feature Friday - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

Hello there. It's Friday, hooray! Man, what a week. Started out with the little one having a stomach bug, and guess what? It's ending with an upper respiratory thing, what fun. Stack that on top of my insomnia and anxieties about making some pretty important decisions, and I'm pretty much a goner right now.

Anyhow, it's  Feature Friday, and today, I'm sharing what's been stuck in my head all week: Red Jumpsuit Apparatus' CD Don't You Fake It. Yeah, it's a bit old, I've had the CD for at least 8 years, but that's no reason to cast it aside. The song that's been most stuck in my head? "Your Guardian Angel." Of course, as soon as I popped it in, I remembered every word to every song, and you can bet I sang my heart out while driving down the road (and several times since).

Some lyrics:
From "Seventeen Ain't so Sweet"
There's a fire in your eyes
And I hope you'll let it burn
There's a scream in your voice
And I hope you will be heard
There's a fire in your eyes
And I hope you'll let it burn
Until you're heard, you're heard
From "Your Guardian Angel"
I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven
From "Waiting"
Take time to contemplate who you are and where you want to go
Well, enjoy!
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment