Monday, June 22, 2015

Mindful Monday - Am I doing the right thing?

So it starts with this:



and suddenly I'm back to square one, asking myself if it is really worth it to work, even a part-time job that has me away from home the least amount of time possible. I know I'm just being emotional, there's no way I can continue to not work now that I'm finished with school. And I'll be honest, I do like having a job. I like having the structure and the assignment and every Friday, I like a little thing called a paycheck (as little as it sometimes seems). This job was like the answer to my worries: during the school year my son only has to be away from either myself or my husband for all of two, maybe three hours; I'm not making much, but it's just enough to ease the stress about money; and a big bonus that it isn't retail. But I do miss my little boy as I sit in my cubicle answering emails and phone calls, wondering if I'm doing the right thing.

So there you have it, that's what's on my mind today. When I chose to go back to work, I was certain I was making the right decision, and with one sweet and sleepy statement, all my certainty has been destroyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment