Sunday, January 12, 2014

Changes

It's coincidence that the time I've decided to start exercising has fallen at the beginning of the new year (I think) but it seems as good a time as any to take a little more control in my life over myself.

Now I'm a small person, and weighing too much has never been an issue for me (quite the opposite, my problem has been weighing too little) so it isn't about weight loss, or the shape of my figure. After having Jackson, however, I have been left with an area around my stomach which displeases me, and I wish to be rid of it, although under my clothing it isn't noticeable, I see it in the mirror and every day I wish it was different, so now I'm working on it. Also, although I am a small person and don't ever expect myself to be crazy-strong, I do think it would be good if I improved my strength, especially my upper-body, in the event that I ever need to use that strength-because I have zero of it right now. I have a fifteen minute routine I'm working on (I still can't complete it, that's pretty sad, right?) and once I feel comfortable with that I will start looking to add to it and focus on certain areas I feel need work, but taking little steps at a time is the way to go for me, or I will become completely overwhelmed, fall into an anxious depression and give up.

I also know that exercise (and diet) can be great factors in emotional health, and I hate taking medicine to battle my anxiety, and think that maybe if I could get into a healthier routine I could leave prescription medicine in the past.

I have already (without struggle, actually, which is very surprising) removed drinking soda from my lifestyle, and caffeine is on it's way out from other sources including tea and coffee, which I have been consuming less and decaffeinated varieties of.

Trying to cook healthy is really a challenge in my opinion, at least in my household. I have a tendency to take in too much information and not know where to start with it all. I'm trying to work on it little by little instead, but it will take time and trial-and-error, and probably a little more time, too.

So here's to progress and hard work :)

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment