Friday, January 30, 2015

Feature Friday! One Pot Mexican Rice Casserole

Hello Friends!

While I have things in the works for upcoming Fridays, this week has sped by, so I'm featuring one of my favorite recipes, One Pot Mexican Rice Casserole by Damn Delicious (click for recipe).

I love this rice! The veggies make it so refreshing! The first time I made it, it looked so good that I decided to skip the added cheese (most of our meals are fairly cheese-heavy anyways, and I wanted something light that night). I've continued to leave the cheese out, and it is just so good! I'm the only one in the house that will eat rice, much less the other ingredients, so when I make this, I have my own personal rice arsenal for lunch or side-dishes or even just a snack! My current favorite is to put in a tortilla with shredded cheese to make a cheesy rice taco, makes a delicious and quick lunch. I could see someone adding sliced smoked sausage, cooked chicken, or maybe even pork sausage links to this for a one-pot meal. Oh, and the in-laws love it too :)

Well that's my quick Feature Friday for the week, hope you enjoy!
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment