Friday, April 24, 2015

Feature Friday - Grossnasty!

A while back I worked at Costco, and for some reason I don't remember, I was put somewhere and not allowed to leave where I was unattended. Perhaps it was cameras. Anyhow, a children's chapter book wound up where I was, and being the person I am, I couldn't help but sneak a peak when there was no one around. I wound up reading the whole thing, and it was hilarious. I don't remember what it was now, but one thing that stuck with me was that the dog, or perhaps its toy, was called "grossnasty," and I still find myself calling things grossnasty and thinking of that book. How silly. It's one of those young reader chapter books, with a couple of illustrations and a pink cover to attract the intended girl audience. Something along the lines of Ivy & Bean or Amelia Bedelia. I'm currently using Google to try and find what it actually is.

Found it! The book series is Dear Dumb Diary by Jim Benton, and I think that this is the one I read, Am I the Princess or the Frog? Grossnasty is the chew-toy of the dog named Stinker.

It's been at least five years, and I still find myself thinking about it. I decided to being it up today, because yesterday after mowing the yard, I thought 'I am soooo grossnasty.' I've been thinking about it ever since.

Until next time!
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment