Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Pendulum Ascending

Kelsey Macke, author of Damsel Distressed--which, if you haven't read it, you need to, and don't forget the tissues, my thoughts here--used great imagery for the feeling of slipping into depression, that of the pendulum. As I attempted to get to sleep last night this morning, I began to feel some positive energies begin to return to me after spending some time in the darkness that pendulum swings through, I believe this time around it was more anxiety than depression, they aren't exclusive from each other. I thought about the pendulum a bit, and that just as it falls, the nature of it is to also rise back up to the other side, back to the light. It is that ascension that sometimes is all we have that keeps us going, the knowledge that somewhere, on the upside, is light. I also think that sometimes, where the darkness and light meet and become that gray, in-between area varies, and perhaps my dark is another's dawn, but that doesn't make it any less dark to me.
Found on Pinterest - Links to here: http://www.theprincessandthepump.com/2014/02/at-least-its-not.html
With these thoughts on my mind I drifted to sleep, and found the lovely S. Usher Evans, author of the Razia series and soon-to-be-released Empath--also must reads, being the kindred spirit she always seems to be:


So here are two of my favorite authors, whose works give words to that which I struggle with, and somehow, those images help. Now it's up to me to continue taking steps, to keep the upward swing of the pendulum as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment